TATWAMASI is just a few days away!
"TATWAMASI - The Story Of Swamy Ayyappa", the dance drama presented by Shastha Foods, Ayyappa Samaaj & Alarippu Dance School, will be presented on Saturday. May 2nd at the Jackson Theater at Smith Center at Ohlone College, Fremont. Additional details here:
- Address: Smith Center at Ohlone College. 43600 Mission Blvd., Fremont, CA 94539-5847
- Parking: Park in designated areas only. Event Parking Permit: $2 (required at all times). [bring cash]
- Start time: Seating starts at 3:30 PM, and performance will start at 4 PM sharp.
- No food and drinks allowed inside lobby area or inside the theater.
- During intermission, snacks and drinks will be available for purchase, for a nominal cost. [bring cash] (Pre-purchase of snack tickets [on event day] is encouraged.)
- Those of us who are picking up tickets at the "Will Call" counter are encouraged to arrive between 3 PM and 3:30 PM to collect the tickets.
- Please forward all your suggestions/questions to email below or to (484) 727-8424 prior to event day.
- If you would like to volunteer at the event (or need more details), please email firstname.lastname@example.org and report at check-in counter at the venue.
Next version of Ayyappa Samaaj Bhajan book is here!
New Ayyappa Bhajan Book!After months of effort, with Swami Ayyappa's blessings, new version of the Ayyappa Bhajan Book will be released on May 2nd, during the TATWAMASI event. The book will be an absolute "must have" for all of us, as it contains all the wonderful songs we have grown to love during our Ayyappa Samaaj bhajans. Here are some of the highlights:
- Multi colored pages, with so many images of deities.
- Large font, for better readability.
- Numerous veda chants and mantra-s in Sanskrit and English.
- More songs!
- Descriptions of journey to Sabarimala, significance of vrata, and significance of maala-dhaarana mantra, and more!
- Presented with high quality binding and type-setting.
Ayyappa Samaaj is very proud to release this new bhajan book, with the support of the Ayyappa devotee community and our esteemed sponsors. Swami Saranam!!
Ayyappa Abhishekam/Bhajan: Saturdays at 4 PM
At the permanent shrine for Swami Ayyappa at the SVCC Temple, Fremont, weekly abhishekam for Swami Ayyappa has commenced.
Weekly, on Saturdays at 4 PM, abhishekam for Sri Dharma Shastha will be held. Event will start with Sharana ghoshams at sharp 4 PM, followed by bhajan, abhishekam, alankaram, archana and maha-prasadam. For sponsoring, please mailto:email@example.com
On the third Saturday of the month, this abhishekam will be preceded by bhajan, starting at 4 PM. Please add this event to your calendar and make it a point to attend. Swami Saranam!!
Vishu, Ugadi, Tamil New year on April 11, 2015
With Swami Ayyappa's blessings, Ayyappa Samaaj is organizing a wonderful event on April 11, 2015.
We invite all to participate in the Vishu-Ugadi-Tamil New Year event, to be held at the Sanatan Dharma Kendra, 193 Commercial St., Sunnyvale.
As in years past, we will have an afternoon devoted to showcasing the talents of our Bay Area artists. We encourage all to participate in this fantastic event where the community comes together to celebrate Vishu/Ugadi/Tamil New Year and more! Please access http://bit.ly/vishu2015 to RSVP. Also, use this link to contribute to the event. All proceeds will go to Sanatan Dharma Kendra, who had been serving the community for the past 10 years. Let us all get together to make this event a GRAND SUCCESS!
Remit participation contribution & donations to Ayyappa Samaaj & Sanatan Dharma Kendra here.